Thursday, April 28, 2011

BABY DAY!

So today is going to be one of the best days of my life! I'm having my baby today!
This morning around 430 I was awakened by what I thought was bad has or something.... I went to the bathroom but the pain kept coming in waves... So I thought maybe they were Braxton hicks... I started timing them to see how close together they were and about 7 min apart. At 530 when bens alarm went off, I was still having these pains... All of a sudden there was this popping feeling and a big gush of water! My water had broken! So we got dressed and headed to the hospital. The contractions had pretty much stopped at this point but I was still leaking everywhere! Haha they admitted and checked me out. I was dialated to a 2! They hooked up all the equipment. ( I feel like I'm totally tied down! Haha I cant move anything without pulling on some cord!) I got an epideral right away because I wanted to enjoy this experience to the fullest and not have to suffer through it. So I'm really numb! Haha my nurses name is chelsie. She is great! It is super busy today here at the hospital! They only have one room left! So that makes her really busy but I still feel well taken care of! The doctor came in a little while ago and just said hello. He is great too! His name is dr brouburg. He is super friendly and made me feel super comfortable. He said baby sounded healthy and everything looked like it was moving along well.
They put me on petosin right when I came in so that my labor would move along faster. Chelsie just came in and turned it down cause I was having to many contractions to close together. I didn't even notice them! Haha
I am feeling so overwhelmed with excitment, joy, and fear... I cant beleive that I'm already on this stage of life! And that heavenly father would trust me with this precious soul... It's so overwhelming! In so many ways..... :)

1 comment:

  1. ok. i'm reading a bawling. I can't wait to see you! i guess I need to get my priorities right ;) Alice Ruth - I'm so glad you are finally here. Your Mom and Dad have waited and waited awhile for you...much has happened for the preparation of your birth. Love you all :)

    ReplyDelete